Did everyone have a nice Father’s Day yesterday? My husband was spoiled with a breakfast and dinner fit for a king. We also spent the day swimming in my parent’s pool which assisted in burning off those extra calories consumed via pancakes and bacon.
This past week I lost 1 pound bringing me 6 pounds closer to my goal weight of 135 pounds. I am so close I can taste it however for some reason I feel like those 5 pounds may be the hardest to lose considering I have been trying to lose them for the last couple months. But just like I preach to all of you it is really important to stay positive because there are going to be times that will be more challenging than others. A positive attitude will keep you moving forward and that is what we want!
With that said my menu plan will still reflect 1300 – 1500 calories a day. I am going to outline it a little differently this week listing the meals as options for you to choose from for your own menu plan. Let me know which way you like better.
- Coffee with 2 tablespoons of French vanilla creamer ~ 70 calories
- Breakfast sandwich (100 calorie English muffin, ¼ cup egg beaters, soy breakfast patty, 1 slice cheese. ) ~ 290 calories
- 1 serving Silver Palate Thick and Rough Oatmeal and 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup ~ 250 calories
- 6 ounce Chobani yogurt with 1 cup Earth’s Pride Organic frozen berry mix ~ 190 calories
Snack Options for mid morning and night time.
- Spinach salad with shave smoked turkey, 2 tablespoons crumbly blue, and 2 tablespoons Newman’s Own Light Raspberry and Walnut dressing. ~ 248 calories
- Hummus, tomato, and baby spinach wrap (using Flatout Bread) ~ 219 calories
- Side ceasar salad (2 cups romaine, 2 tablespoons yogurt ceasar dressing, 12 whole wheat croutons) ~ 155 calories
- Grilled chicken breast in Chiavettas marinade (Buffalo product), 1 cup cooked brown rice, and 1 cup cooked broccoli. ~ 433 calories