For some women, the region of 1400-1600 calories is a maintenance amount (for others, this amount will lead to weight loss). For men, this calorie amount will lead to weight loss.
TOTAL CALORIES ~1519
- scrambled egg whites of 4 eggs (3/4 cup) (69)
- 1 slice multi-grain toast (110)
- 1 small apple (80)
- 1 small banana (89)
- 1 protein shake (e.g. Myoplex Lite) (180)
- 2 oz. fresh deli cut turkey breast (60)
- 1 tablespoon regular mayonnaise (90)
- 2 slices multi-grain bread (220)
- 8 fresh baby carrots (32)
- 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese ( 81)
- 1 protein bar (20g protein) (e.g. Pure Protein) (192)
- 1 medium roasted, skinless chicken breast (142)
- 1 cup lentil soup (e.g. Progresso 99% Fat-Free) (140)
- 2 celery sticks with 2 tbs. nonfat cream cheese (34)
Ensure you drink 8 to 10 glasses of water each day.
- Lichtenstein, A. H., Appel, L. J., Brands, M., Carnethon, M., Daniels, S., Franch, H. A.... & Wylie-Rosett, J. (2006). Diet and lifestyle recommendations revision 2006 A scientific statement from the American Heart Association nutrition committee. Circulation, 114(1), 82-96. Link
- Munoz, K. A., Krebs-Smith, S. M., Ballard-Barbash, R., & Cleveland, L. E. (1997). Food intakes of US children and adolescents compared with recommendations. Pediatrics, 100(3), 323-329. Link
"I just wanted to say how great this site is. The Macro-Nutrient and Daily Calorie Needs calculators I use all the time. Thank you!"
Some links are affiliate links, so if you decide to purchase a book or plan listed, you will be helping us.