To get the best results, the rules are simple. Follow these guidelines closely and you will be on your way to weight loss success:
What you can eat on the plan:
- Protein: 12 oz. of chicken, fish, turkey or eggs. Aim for 4 oz. per meal.
- Carbs: ½ cup of cooked quinoa per day. It’s the only carb allowed on the plan because it’s a perfect mix of protein and carbs.
- Fats: Good fats (olive oil, avocado, coconut oil) in moderation.
- Dairy: 1 cup of 2% plain Greek yogurt per day is optional and the only dairy allowed on the plan. The probiotics in Greek yogurt help promote skinny bacteria in your gut.
- Vegetables: Unlimited amount of non-starchy vegetables.
- Detox broth: Unlimited amount of the vegetable broth.
- Optional snacks: Two snacks per day.
- Caffeine: One cup of coffee per day. Use unsweetened vanilla almond milk or coconut milk as a sweetener.
What you can’t eat on the plan:
- Artificial sweeteners (no diet soda)
- White sugar
- Processed foods
- Dairy (except Greek yogurt)
Why Dr. Oz thinks you should try Total 10:
Many viewers have failed on diets because they don’t understand the role of inflammation and hormones on their fat. Experts on our show have argued that our bodies hold on to fat as a protective mechanism when we feel toxic. Getting hormones to help rather than hinder you allows the weight loss to be elegant and easy. Trust this approach for two weeks, and not only will you lose weight, but you will develop a lifestyle approach to gain the body you deserve without the usual pain we expect from diets.
How to follow the plan:
- Drink a hot cup of water with lemon to kick-start your digestion process for the day. This will also increase detoxification because the bitterness of the lemon activates the bile flow, which helps emulsify and remove fat-soluble toxins.
- You can also drink green tea or the allowed one cup of coffee per day, if necessary.
- Take a multivitamin with 1000 IU of vitamin D.