If you’ve done my 7 Days to Skinny Jeans challenge or my Bikini Boot Camp, then I think you’re really going to love my Get Fit Quick Plan to help shed those unwanted pounds you may have piled on over the holidays. (Admit it, keeping your paws out of the cookie jar was nearly impossible over the holidays. And I’m guilty as charged!) Without further ado, here is my plan to cleanse myself of my winter sugar coma and get back to feeling fit and healthy… Will you join me?
- Like my other plans, this is a lifestyle change so don’t think of it as a diet. The goal here is to feel good and look great.
- Stay focused and remind yourself daily of why you want to get fit and healthy! Flex that willpower.
- Drink lots of water. Aim to drink an ounce for every pound you weigh.
- Pick one exercise from the “Exercise Options” list to do every day (save one day for rest).
- Do all of the exercises listed under “Everyday Exercises” list each day in addition to your selected workout.
- Pick one meal from each category for each day, in addition to one snack.
The Off-Limits List
- No candy, baked goods, or ice cream. Ideally, no sugar!
- No soda or flavored drinks. Remember—water!
- No white bread.
- No fried foods. None!
- No eating 2-3 hours before bed. (Your body needs time to digest!)
- Any of the breakfast options from my 7 Days to Skinny Jeans Plan or Bikini Boot Camp are approved.
- Greek yogurt with a handful of berries, 1 tablespoon of chia seeds, and 1 tablespoon of slivered almonds
- Protein Pancakes: Mix together ¼ cup egg whites, 1 small mashed up banana, 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (whey is good), 1 pinch of cinnamon, and 1 handful of berries. Cook like a normal pancake and top off with a drizzle of agave.
Lunch & Dinner Options
- Grilled chicken, white fish, or tofu served with a side of steamed vegetables
- Easy Apricot Chicken with a side of quinoa (or millet) and steamed broccoli
- Greek yogurt with chia seeds
- Crackers with a slide of avocado and a dollop of hummus
- Raw vegetables
- Raw coconut
- Celery with peanut butter
- All natural popcorn
- Sliced turkey rolled in lettuce with a drizzle of balsamic vinaigrette
- Run for 30 minutes or powerwalk for 1-hour
- Alternate walking and sprinting for 60 seconds for 20 minutes
- 1 hour of yoga, kickboxing, Pilates, hiking, or spin
- Any of the exercises from my 7 Days or Boot Camp plans
- Or give the following 30-minute Calorie Blast Workout a try:
- Planks: 1 minute on forearms, 1 minute in pushup position, 1 minute on forearms and alternate raising each foot off the ground for 3 seconds, 1 minute transitioning between forearms and pushup position
- 50 arm curls with a 5 pound weight
If you follow this plan strictly for the next few weeks, you will definitely see some positive changes in your physique and overall health. Stay focused and buddy up, if you can. You can do this!