WARNING: This challenge could result in any or all of the following:
- Weight loss of up to 10 pounds
- Feeling and looking fabulous
- More restful sleep
- Self-confidence boost
- Extra energy
- Improved mood
- Could be habit forming
Try our 4 Step Weight Loss Challenge for 30 days and transform your body for a lifetime. Our 4 steps are easy to understand, free of charge, accessible to all ages and fitness levels, and effective.
- Avoid all refined sugar and artificial sweeteners. Read ingredient labels on packaged foods to eliminate any foods that contain these. Almost all processed foods have some form of added sugar. This means that whole foods will be the biggest part of your diet over the next 30 days. To understand in full what is meant by no added sugar, read
- 4 teaspoons of unrefined sweeteners, per day, is allowed. Read our list of which can count toward the 4 teaspoons.
- In addition to the 4 daily teaspoons of unrefined sweetener, stevia is also permitted during this challenge.
- If there is a food product with an unrefined sugar in the ingredients label, i.e. honey or molasses, there is no way to know how much has been added. Therefore, these food items should not be consumed during this challenge. The only way to know that you have had the allotted 4 teaspoons of unrefined sweetener in one day is to measure them yourself.
- Review which will help you to become better informed when reading ingredient labels.
Step 3 – Portion Control.
- All meals should be eaten on salad size plates instead of traditional dinner plates. These plates are approximately 7″ in diameter.
- When eating at a restaurant, ask that your meal be served on a salad plate.
- When eating soups or stews, follow the 1 serving size, which is typically 1 to 1 1/2 cups. are readily available on .
- Read the for more information on portion sizes.
- Portion sizes of foods must be no larger than the palm of your hand. That means that ‘normal’ restaurant portions have to be cut down in size to fit on your salad plate.
Step 4 – Exercise.
- Exercise a minimum of 30 minutes, six days per week.
- Exercise can be broken into increments of two 15 minute blocks or completed at one time
- Exercise can consist of weight training or cardiovascular exercise, or a combination of the two.
- It is recommend that you find workouts that are appropriate for your fitness level, while still challenging yourself.
Any of the following routines will work perfectly for this challenge:
Tips for Success:
- Avoid processed, packaged foods that are often found on the inside aisles of grocery stores.
- Shop the outer parameter of the grocery store. Here you will find fresh fruits, vegetables, lean meats and low-fat dairy.
- Eat or drink low-fat dairy consisting of 0% – 1% fat.
- Eat lean cuts of meat, or better yet, eat wild-caught salmon, rainbow trout, and halibut.
- Avoid all battered and deep fried foods.
- Eat 3 small meals and 2 healthy snacks each day. Read for suggestions.
- Check out our meal planning section for ideas.
- Eat one treat meal each week. Studies show that having one treat meal when working to lose weight will help you stay on track with your eating plan. Just be sure to maintain your portions. What’s a treat meal? Whatever you like.
- No alcohol is recommended because of the high sugar content. However, if you must partake, only 1 (4 ounce) glass of alcohol per week is recommended.
- Enjoy offered here on our site.
- Keep going after the 30 days. Write down your long-term goals.
For an effective guided workout program, check out:
DISCLAIMER: The 4 Step Weight Loss Challenge provided on this website is for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from a physician or other healthcare professional. The 4 Step Weight Loss Challenge has not been officially evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration nor has the results been established as medical fact.
Consult a physician regarding the applicability of the 4 Step Weight Loss Challenge with respect to your individual health.
SkinnyMs. makes no warranties or representations regarding the results to be achieved from the 4 Step Weight Loss Challenge, and results are likely to vary from participant to participant.